Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back & Better Then Ever

Hello there readers, I just lost my whole article I just wrote, wow how frustrating. The last time I looked at a calender it was December 7th and now here it is December 31 and we are about to enter a new year just tomorrow. For most of you, you know where I have been. For those who are new or don't remember. I'm a hotel manager and I'm second in command. We recently lost our Food & Beverage Manager prior to the holiday parties rolling out. Well there I was left with a F&B Team and me to be the leader. We got through all the parties without to much bruising. I have to say under the circumstances we were given, it was a great sucess. There were weeks I was putting in over 70 hours. That really showed up to the dedication of my program when I jumped on the scale on 12/24 and I had gained 3.6lbs. Boy had I hit a sad moment during MY JOURNEY. I got back to it, and really realized I need to get back on track and get back to work. I did and was heavily rewarded this week with a 6.8 lb loss. I am starting to think that I might have been retaining water at last WI since I lost so much this week. That is like a Biggest Loser loss. Anyways things are great here.

I really think 2009 is starting off on a GREAT foot. As I'm entering 2009 49.4 lbs lighter. I really think this is going to be the year I recieve my promotion with my current company I'm with. I also am heading to Dallas on Jan 27-29 for some Revenue Management training from Hilton. I am then flying down to San Antonio on the 29th- Feb 1 to visit some friends and old colleagues. I think it is going to be a GREAT time. I have a lot of things to catch up on while I'm down there. "I'm coming home"---I use to live in San Antonio for 2 years back in 2005-2007 and really feel that is my home away from home. It is great I can get back, especially in this business.

I sit here and am raising my glass to all "YOU LOSERS" and say "CHEERS TO A GREAT LOSING 2009"

"Let's eat and be healthy"

~Nathan

3 comments:

Ron said...

Congrats on your weight loss of 2008! Looking forward to hearing about your successes in 2009!

Unknown said...

Hey Nathan! Sorry it's been so long since I've stopped by. It's been busy and with Christmas and all, blogging has taken a hit. Actually so did my WW journey but I got back on track new years day and I'm feeling better already!

I encouraged my Dad to join WW over Christmas time and I thought of you because I think he's a similar starting weight to what you were. I want him to read your story and see how far you've come because I know it will be a great encouragement to him!

Keep up the great work!!! Happy New Year!

Havalah said...

oops - that was actually Havalah (not Susie). I didn't realize my sister was signed in on the computer.

I also wanted to ask if it's too late to join your journey? I need some more accountability than I give myself and would love to be part of a group. Let me know!