Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Me by 2009 Challenge

I wanted to start a new challenge, and I was unable really to get motivated to do the same one I was with the Turkey Challenge. I wanted something different, some thing that wasn't so much tracking, as it took up a lot of my time. I decided to do a Blog Exclusive Challenge. It is called New Me by 2009. The challenge is to continue to lose weight and for every pound I lose I will put $5.00 in an envelope to be spent on something new for my new lifestyle (I plan on using the money for my new bike). For every pound I gain I will have to take away $5.00. For example if I lose 1.5lbs then I would put aside $5.00X 1.5=$7.50. My goal is to earn $50.00 within the next 5 weeks. My last weighin will be December 31, 2008. I'm hoping that evening I will have at least $50.00 in my envelope. This week I lost 3.4lbs so I put away $17.00 so I'm only $33.00 away from goal, if I continue to lose each week. It I any sets back then who knows what will happen.

For any of you who are interested in doing this yourself, then post a comment here, so we can follow along.

"Let's eat and be healthy"

~Nathan

2 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

I think that challenging yourself is a great way to stay motivated and on track.

If you want support, I put together a group of healthy bloggers and we give each other support each week, we're doing it again in 2009, you're welcome to join us or just come on over and meet some new people and say hi! The link is on my blog to Healthy You Challenge.

Good luck on your journey, I can't wait to see how you progress!

Diana

Lynne said...

That's a great idea Nathan, but I'm thinking I should wait until after weigh-in, lol. Let me think about it and get back with you but don't stop, you keep going!