Friday, January 9, 2009

Italian Skillet Recipe

Last night I tried a new recipe from my WW Cookbooks. I had to make some adjustments, so I want to make sure I give some credit to WW. Here is the recipe and it was so yummy.

1 Carrot-peeled and diced
2 Small Onions-peeled and diced
1 Celery Stalk-cleaned and diced
141/4 oz Diced Tomatoes
3 Garlic Clove minced
8 oz Chicken cut into thin stips
1 t Dried Basil
1/4 t Kosher Salt
1/2 t Black Pepper
2 t Olive Oil

Take a large skillet and put over medium heat. Place Olive Oil in the pan once the pan has heated up. Add carrots, onions, celery, and garlic. Saute vegetables till onions are clear about 10 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until is partially cooked on each side. Add the diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and dried basil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Your meal is ready.

It serves 4 people (but to be honest I ate 2 portions). It is 2 points per serving or 5.5 points per 2 servings.

I recommend a nice brown rice pilaf as a side dish.

Happy eating

"Let's eat and be healthy"

~Nathan

1 comment:

Lynne said...

That sounds colorful and good to eat! I had created a mini-goal awhile back to use my WW cookbook at least once a week. Think I need to reinstate it and do it again. They do have great recipes!