Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday October 15, 2008

I don't know if I should say today was a tough day or a great day. Let's start with the bad. I was driving to the gym, and my boss called me from the hotel to tell me our inspector was coming in two months early. He would be arriving tonight....the O $hit bells and whistles went off. In a round about way the boss asked what time could I get there, and how long could I stay for. Well I went in for 6 hours on my day off. This means I have to work 6 days this week, and will work 11 days straight before I get a day off.

Now that I have stated the bad, here was the good and great news of the day. Before I went to the gym for my big weigh in today, I went for a 30 minute walk. Worked up a pretty good sweat for it being nice and cold out. Anyways from there I went to the gym and weighed in and lost 2.5 lbs. I was hoping for a 3 lb lost, but I'm still happy with the 2.5 lb lost. From there I put in a nice high intensity workout today. First 25 minutes on the eliptical going 9.0+ mph at times. I had the heart rate up there, which is always a great feeling. I then put in a great leg workout for about 35 minutes. This all yielded 10 AP's for the day with me getting in almost four miles of walking/exercise.

Now this evening I have my bowling league, which I always break a sweat in. I'm probably the only person who does, but hey I'm me, and I'm okay with that. Well that might earn me a couple more AP's before the night is over. Overall had a super day, even with the bad news.

For anyone who reads my blog, I would like to get to know you, and see how you are making out with your journey. We all are walking this road to recovery, and more the marrier. I'm excited to be on this journey.

I've lost 26.5 lbs in just 6 weeks!

YOU Can Do IT!

"Let's eat and be healthy"

~Nathan

1 comment:

GirlOnAMission said...

Hey Nathan-

Congrats on your loss so far and your WI today! 2.5 lbs is still a great weekly loss and your accomplishment so far proves that your sticking to the plan and making the right choices.

I'm sorry you had to go in on your day off :(