Saturday, October 11, 2008

Welcome To Road To Recovery

Welcome to Road To Recovery, I have decided after a month, that I wanted to document this journey that I have started for myself.

Why am I deciding to get on track, and start the Road To Recovery. Well I think obesity is a disease just like alcohol. Instead of enjoying drinking alcohol to high levels. I like to eat to high levels. I consider myself a professional eater, and have for many years. I enjoy the finer foods in life. I don't like to have to think about what I put in my mouth, more the flavor that I receive from eating it.

Well I hit an all time high of 338 pounds, and almost fell right over! Couldn't believe I had gained 64 pounds since taking this new hotel job in just 1 and a half years. Now it isn't all the hotels fault. But having a TGIFridays like restaurant at my disposale never helped. Along with an ice cream shop with all the toppings at my finger tips. Well yes those use to be some of the best times, or at least that is what I thought.

I have suffered from High Blood Pressure for years, and High Cholestral for about the same number of years. I have recently been diagonesed with Sleep Apnea, but that should have been diagonosed about 7 years ago. I guess I forgot to tell you I'm only 25 years old.

After facing reality that I was eating myself to an early grave. Yes I had to face reality. Yet my employer, and dear family members had told me the same thing for years. But I didn't care because I like who I am. Well let's stop and look to see who I was. I was a 25 year old young man who is very knowledgeable of the hotel industry who likes to eat, and can't walk a flight of stairs without needing oxygen (or the feeling of needing it). I am someone who is having an increase of medical problems. I can't go on amusement rides like I use to because of some medications that I'm on. So really who am I. I can say this I'm NOT the person who I thought I was.

I decided that it was time to get on track. On September 3, 2008 I decided I was going to make this change. I started to pack a lunch, and started to try and eat healthier. Then a week later I started very serious. Still at 338lbs, I got going on this road. I started at the gym, I started to account for everything that I put in my mouth. It hasn't been easy, but I'm determined to be the person who I WANT to be and the person who I thougth I was. As of Friday October 10, 2008 (1 month since getting down to business) I have lost 24 lbs in 30 days. This is huge, but it hasn't come easy. I really am careful on what I eat, and the choices I make. I do allow myself some treats as I am living a lifestyle and not living on a diet. I am using Weight Watchers Online, and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I'm hoping that the people who read this, will walk down the same ROAD TO RECOVERY with me. I know WE can all make this same journey and get to our ideal goal weights.

Let's eat and be HEALTHY!

~Nathan

3 comments:

Rachael Anne said...

hey nathan...it's great news that you're taking the first steps! i hope that the blogging is really helpful to you as you go.

welcome to the blogger universe and to ww!

rachael

~closed~ said...

Welcome to "blogdom". Good for you for taking the road to recovery. I'd consider myself a food addict too. Best of luck to you on this journey!

GirlOnAMission said...

Hey Nathan-

Glad to see you've joined the WW family. The blogging has been really helpful for me, and I hope it will be for you too!

Kerrin

kbrinkman2 on WW
http://thisgirlonamission.blogspot.com