Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why Did I Cry, No One Got Hurt?

Why did I cry today, no one got hurt? Was I emotional or was this a victory. Wait was does the victory and no one getting hurt have in common, well continue to read and you are about to find out. Well the story is long, but I'll give you what I read in High School to do my English Papers, they are called "Cliff Notes". The story goes like this I started my weight loss journey and my new lifestyle and a very endeared committment on September 3, 2008. I have been going to the gym about 5 times a week, and have been eating my points. Well I guess the story starts a little further back then that. On April 16, 2007 I took my current job and I weighed 274lbs. 1 yr and 5 months later I had gained 64lbs. I was at 338 lbs and had never been this big. My clothes were tearing apart by the mass of my weight, I couldn't walk stairs, but I could still eat like no tomorrow. Then one day I said I'm tired of being big and that was on September 3, 2008. I have worked my heart out and been eating on my new lifestyle. This morning I climbed on the scale to see my new weight of 298.4lbs. I haven't seen a weight figure that started with a 2 in about 19 months. That is when the tears started to fall. It was true, that dedication and my biggest fan could work through anything to get anything I WANTED done! We still have a lot of work to do. I have lost a total of 39.6lbs in 12 weeks, and have less then 100lbs to lose to reach my goal. Guess what I cried but at the end of the day nobody got hurt except for my body being in pain (good pain) from my workout this morning. It is a great feeling. What is every a sweeter victory is that my goal was to be less than 300 lbs by January 1, 2009. I guess 2009 has come early for me. I have a lot to be thankful for tomorrow. Great health, Great Family, I still have a Job, and I have my Great Weight Loss!

Cheers to a Healthy Life!

"Let's eat and be healthy"

~Nathan

4 comments:

Lynne said...

I am so happy for your success! Keep working hard! You will do it!

GirlOnAMission said...

Congrats Nathan! No wonder you got emotional- you have made such incredible progress!! Keep up the good work! What is your goal weight? (if you don't mind me asking)

Estela said...

Congrats on your continued success. :)

Pamela said...

Nathan, I'm crying for you! I'm so proud of you and happy for you!