Friday, November 28, 2008

Why Must there??

You know you always here how people must argue on the Holidays. I don' t understand why must there be arguing. I always dodge it because I usually don't get into those traps with my family. This year I wasn't so good. I was going through the food line, and there was this fruit salad (that turned out to be Waldorf salad). I asked my sister in law (who made it) what was in it. She turned around and said "just eat it". I said under my breath but in a normal tone facing the food line, "then I guess I won't then". I am not going to eat something that I don't know what is in the item, I mean how can I be accountable for this item, if I don't know what is in it.

Then there was dessert. I brought some Weight Watchers items for me to eat during that time. So my family sat down and eat my mother's famous mini cheesecakes. I reached over to my aunt and said this is only 2 points and I hate to see how many are in your small dessert. That is when my sister in law said "What does it matter, just eat your food, who cares"! Let's just say it was hard for me to bite my tongue on that. There was a ton of alarms and nasty comments coming to mind in system over load. I just didn't want a huge family fight to happen at my mother's.

All I can say is that some people do choose one way of life. Then there are those who choose to be healthy. I'm writing this to keep everyone motivate, as if you have family who aren't supportive "like mine" then I know it can be tough to stay on track, but YOU must continue, because you make a decision to CHANGE!

"Let's eat and be healthy"

~Nathan

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Well there a lot of reasons why people break code and argue, especially during holidays. Sometimes alcohol plays a part, lol. Other times I think fatigue or as someone mentioned on my other blog, too high of expectations. When one gets disappointed, an argument may occur.

Your SIL sounds like she may be jealous or just cranky, lol. Either case, she needs an attitude adjustment! Glad you were able to hold your tongue and enjoy the day inspite of her attitude.

God Bless.

Estela said...

I think that sometimes we get a bit touchy about our food offerings. Too many questions makes us feel like there is something wrong with it. I understand that in the case of someone dieting, it's so good choices can be made. I think there could have been a bit of jealousy there with your SIL along with feeling "attacked". Hope it was otherwise a good day.

Pamela said...

Wow, I'd like to smack your SIL! I think that makes your success all that much more amazing in that you don't seem to have a lot of support from your family! My family tries, but they don't always get it.